Expatriate and Foreign National Taxes

When a company does business globally, income tax filing and withholding requirements can become much more complicated. Inemer & Wolf LLP international tax advisors and New York City CPAs, provide both U.S. and foreign companies tax planning and tax consulting on a variety of international, federal and state tax issues. We'll help your organization reduce its overall payroll and withholding tax burden.

In addition, we offer wide range of expat and foreign national tax planning and compliance services. With our help, your international employees can reduce their taxes, comply with tax filing requirements and avoid penalties and audits.

Our Expatriate Tax Services Include:

Employer services:

  • Structuring tax-effective assignment terms and compensation packages
  • International compensation planning
  • Calculation and coordination of U.S./foreign estimated tax payments
  • Tax equalization policy design and administration
  • Hypothetical tax/net pay calculations
  • Pre-departure and repatriation counseling
  • Assistance with inquiries from U.S. and foreign taxing authorities
  • Social security tax planning
  • Tax treaty review
  • Payroll consulting
  • Foreign bank account reporting (FBAR)
  • Visas and work permits
  • Coordinator of expatriates worldwide

Employee Services:

  • Income tax preparation
  • Tax planning and compliance for U.S. nationals working overseas
  • Tax planning and compliance for foreign nationals working in the U.S.
  • Pre-departure and post-assignment tax consultations
  • Preparing necessary forms related to the foreign assignment
  • Assistance with inquiries from U.S. and foreign taxing authorities
  • Help to minimize your taxes
  • Calculation and coordination of required estimated tax payments
  • Tax return preparation for expatriates and foreign nationals
  • Help with complex international social security rules
  • Foreign tax audit assistance
  • Foreign tax credits
  • Non-resident alien married to U.S. citizen
  • Reporting foreign financial accounts (FBAR)
  • Tax treaties with foreign countries

Tax issues have become more complicated as businesses have gone global, but that doesn't mean you should pay more than your fair share. We can help. Call Joe Wolf, CPA at 212-944-2555 to discuss our tax services for expatriates and foreign nationals in more detail. You can also sign up for a FREE consultation online.